|1. Please refer to the WCED Admission Policy and Admission Policy for Ordinary Public Schools; National Education Policy Act, 1996 (Act no. 27 of 1996) as these are applicable regulations.
2. The meaning of Parent or Guardian is defined in the SA Schools Act (Act 84, 1996).
3. Any false or incorrect information submitted during this application process may result in your on-line application being rejected, and / or disqualified by the relevant school's Governing Body or the WCED.
4. The WCED therefore does not accept any liability whatsoever for incorrect information captured or uploaded on the WCED Admission System.
5. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
Certified copies of the following documents can be uploaded or MUST be submitted to the school within 14 days from the date of the on-line application.
Your application is considered to be INCOMPLETE until ALL the relevant supporting documents have been submitted to the school.
5.1 Birth certificate of the learner;
5.2 A study permit issued by Dept. of Home Affairs in case of foreign learners
5.3 Or proof of application to the Dept. of Home Affairs
5.4 Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) of the learner (Primary Schools Only);
5.5 The last official school Report Card / Results of the learner, if the learner attend a school
5.6 Proof of Residence (Rates account / Lease agreement / An affidavit confirming residence)
Parents are advised to print and submit a copy of this on-line application to the school and to keep a copy for their own records.
6. PLEASE NOTE
6.1. The school may require additional information.
6.2. You must contact the school beforehand to check their admission policy and requirements BEFORE submitting within 14 days.
7. Any additional information required by the school must be in line with the South African Schools Act (Act 84, 1996).
8. Schools will confirm on the WCED admission system if parents have submitted all the documents.
9. Submission of this on-line application to a school does not guarantee a place at the selected school/s.
10. Schools determine admission policy and parents must study the admission policy of the school before applying.
11. The WCED may be contacted to assist parents where all the applications have been unsuccessful and the learner/s has not been accepted at any school which they have applied to.
12. All communication will be directed to the person whose details are filled in as the Primary Parent.
13. In the event of a dispute, please contact your nearest district office for assistance.
14. The order of priority is very important.
In the case that the learner is accepted at more than one (1) school and the parent does not make a final decision and confirm the school of choice by 12th of July 2019, the first school where the application was
successful, as ranked by the parent, will be activated automatically and all other successful applications removed in order resolve learners blocking places at schools.
15. PLEASE NOTE: Applications close on 15 March 2019. Once you click on SUBMIT at the end you will not be able to change the learner details or the selected schools. You may choose to SAVE and RETURN but you must SUBMIT before the CLOSING date.